Emily
Burleson
Mr.
Neuberger
English
101-132
25
September, 2012
Descriptive Essay
“That Night”
The speckled grey and dark blue seats
and black tinted windows seemed transparent compared to the bright starry night
and moonlight dancing a crossed his face. The leaves fell all around the quiet
abandoned farm and the shadows silently shivered with every short burst of wind
that swooped through the holler. Right in front of that big barn beneath the
trees that almost bury the circle drive sat that gold single cab short bed
Chevy like a duck in a pond on a calm sunny day. With my short legs across the speckled
grey and dark blue seat starring in his eyes, back to the steering wheel, I ran
my hand through his lusciously thick dark brown hair to the back of his head
and around down his cheek. The stubble on his face felt course against my soft
long fingers as I stare in his seemingly dark eyes and he starring back in
mine. It was a night that seemed endless
in our young lives, for it was that cool November night, staring in each
other’s night - lighten eyes with the soft caress of his palm against my cheek
that we fell in love for the first time.
I met him months before this when the
weather was warm and the worries were little. In the few short sentences he
spoke to me I knew he had to be mine. In those months that felt as if they were
years, here is where the journey led me. I couldn’t believe I was sitting there
so close to him. This was the man I so
badly wanted with every fiber of my being and now I had him within my grasp.
The only man that has ever made the slightest impression on me, the only man
that I can ever truly say I was determine to pursue but never in my wildest
dreams did I think I could get, and here he was under the cover of darkness
with me. For the first time in most of my small insignificant life I was
unconditionally happy for the man I had only found in my dreams was in front of
my eyes in the flesh.
He was wearing a black shirt with grey
colored designs on the front, light blue jeans with holes in the knees, dark
brown boots; a brown, black and grey coat and a dark blue Budlight hat. His
glasses slightly reflected the moonlight on his face. His smile shined almost
as bright as his seemingly dark eyes and I was mesmerized by the sight. I was
wearing dark blue jeans, black high heeled boots, a green tank top under a
white shirt and a dark blue Aeropostal jacket. KTTS played softly in the
background as we talked about any and everything pausing in between
conversations just to stare at each other.
In the rearview mirror the passing cars dim headlights seem as distant
as airplanes in the night sky. The only thing that mattered to us was right in
front of both our faces, each other.
The half crescent moon high in the sky proved
the night was carrying on like a feather in the wind. The dew settled on the
truck and fogged the glass. The crisp cold air filled the cab through the crack
of the black tinted window. We spoke of what we wanted in life, every goal and
every dream. The conversation came to a sudden close when out of nowhere he
kissed me for the very first time. I thought I was falling for him before but
that kiss was the icing on the cake. The fireworks exploded in my head as if it
were the Fourth of July and I was addicted to the drug he just released upon
me; his kiss.
As the night got carried away by time as
did we. That night was a mile stone in my life in many ways. It was the night I
saw the beauty in another as well as in myself. I never in my life had felt like
I did that late night, my heart felt as if I just ran a million mile marathon.
It was that night that I found I was capable of so much more than really I ever
thought possible. For it was that late night in front of that big barn in the
circle drive of an abandoned family farm under the starry night in November in
that gold single cab short bed Chevy truck where I fell unconditionally in love
with the man of my dreams. The only man I have ever truly loved I gave my whole
heart to that night and quite honestly I will never get it back. It was that
starry night in the moonlight he changed me forever just by looking in his
seemingly deep dark eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment